This is part of my 2015 series on podcasts I’m currently listening to. This post talks about podcasts about music.
The list is in alphabetical order. The name of the podcast is linked to the feed itself (what you’d copy and paste into your podcast app). The “(info)” link will take you to the podcast’s homepage, where available. The “content” field tries to give you an idea what to expect as to language or disturbing content. As for ratings, clearly I like the podcast at least somewhat or I wouldn’t have it on the list at all, so I’m going with a 3-star system.
- Three stars means I look very forward to the next episode and almost always listen to the entire episode.
- Two stars are ones I still really enjoy, but I sometimes skip at least parts of the episode, maybe even half.
- One stars are podcasts that I feel are hit and miss. I will routinely skip sections of the podcast and occasionally skip an entire episode.
- Podcasts marked with the icon are über favourites. These are the ones I think just about everybody should listen to.
Again, let me know if you have any questions, and don’t hesitate to make suggestions for other podcasts I should listen to.
- Rating: 2/3
- Frequency: weekly
- Duration: 40 minutes
- Content: family friendly
The talk can get a little grating, but the music is great. A great way to discover new music.
- Rating: 3/3 (provisional)
- Frequency: every two weeks
- Duration: 10–15 minutes
- Content: family friendly (so far)
This is a new podcast for me. In it they take a song and break it down to its constituent parts and talk with the composer about the song and the composition process. Fascinating stuff.
When I’m working, I enjoy electronic dance music. Here are some monthly podcasts (each about an hour long) of professionally mixed (but uncensored) EDM. Get groovin’!